Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Generosity of Strangers

It always amazes me, the faith people have in you when you are trying to do something good. It's not true that humans are cynical and mistrusting by nature . . .they don't want to be! Hartlepool Endurance Team look like a rag bag bunch (on paper and in real life). Jimbo with his rugby players build and cropped hair, Darren with his tattoos and football shirt, Andy with his facial hair and Scouse accent and me . . . . well I look like I could kill you as soon as look at you (yer right!). Suppose there's only Bryan who you'd be happy to introduce to family  - I guess he'll have to be the face of H.E.T!!

Anyway! The point I'm trying to make is - before this bunch of misfits have even physically set foot on the path of ultra athletics, a multi national company is willing to contribute a substantial amount of money to the cause in the form of a donation direct to 'Butterwick' through our just giving page . . just on what little they know about us through a letter I drafted recently.

I must say a massive thanks to Paul 'Stevo' Stephenson for doing the ground work and hope that there are many other companies out there as generous as this. There name will be in lights when I find out what it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment